Sunday, January 26, 2014

Nothing to complain about.

So today I was sick to my stomach.. I never actually got sick, but I felt terrible. I skipped church because I didn't even want to move. And on top of that, my back hurt SO bad. 

I'll have back pain here and there, if I stand to long, or if I have to carry heavy items, or I sit hunched over for to long. My back actually is curved to far in (just like my dads) and there's nothing they can do to fix it. But the back pain I had today was the worst I've ever had. I was almost in tears. I don't even know why it was hurting. 

With my back and stomach feeling terrible, I found myself wanting to complain, over and over again. Then I realized something. I have a mom who loves me and is taking care of me. She made me food when I wanted it, brought me water when I was thirsty. I also have a bed to lay down on, and though it felt uncomfortable, it's better than not having anything. I have warm house to keep me from the cold. I have the freedom to pray for healing. I have movies to watch to pass the time, people to text, and most of all, I have the assurance that I WILL get better. Wether I have to take medicine, or wait it out, I know for a fact, I will get better. Not everyone has that assurance.

When I think about all of that, then think about all the homeless people, people who are starving in Africa, and people who don't have anyone to watch over them, I realize that I truly have nothing to complain about. I am so so blessed. I may have been sick and uncomfortable today but wow.. I am probably one of the most comfortable, uncomfortable sick kids in the world. If that makes since haha. 

My point is, even though today was not pleasant at all, God used it to show me how much I have. And I truly don't have anything to complain about! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment